Friday, November 7, 2014

Thanks again Chevron!

Have you heard about DonorsChoose? DonorsChoose is a fantastic organization that helps teachers get the items they really need for their students! The way it works is:

-Teachers go to DonorsChoose and design a project
     -I pick what I want for our kids!
     -I research the best materials!
     -I shop through DonorsChoose's online retailers!
     -I write a proposal for WHAT we need and WHY we need it!

-DonorsChoose reviews my request and posts it

-Donors from all over the world read my request

-Donors donate!

-DonorsChoose buys the item I requested, and sends it to me!

Such an amazing charity, and in the last few years, THOUSANDS of dollars have been donated to my projects, bringing my kids what they need most! I also have my incredible teammates, Jessi, Marcia and Amanda, who complete projects that benefit our kids too!

Recently, through generous donations from my dad, and Chevron's Fuel Your School program, we got another project funded! I am so thankful to have been selected for funding by Chevron two years in a row! We are the proud recipients of a new reading software program! I am so excited to get our kids started with this new way to learn!

In order to continue to spread the excitement of their charity, DonorsChoose asks for pictures of kids learning using the resources they help provide. Today, I am sending home permission slips for your student to be photographed using resources provided through my project as well as Jessi's, Amanda's  and Marcia's. Please sign these forms and return them as soon as you can.

For more information, visit the pages below:

Donors Choose

Miss Ashlee's Donors Choose page

Chevron's Fuel Your School Program





No comments:

Post a Comment