Thursday, October 2, 2014

Out of town

Hello families!

A quick post to let you know that I will be out of town from Monday, October 13th through Friday, October 17th. While I am gone, I will have a fabulous substitute teacher named Miss Lisa.  Lisa covered for another elementary SRC teacher for a few months while she was on maternity leave, so she is quite qualified to work with our students, and she has also subbed in our classroom for myself and some of our instructional assistants a few times, so the kids already know her!

On our October calendar, it says that I will be absent, and I have already started to talk about it with the kids. Next week I will send home a social story with each family, so that you can talk about it at home if your child needs assurance.

As I will be out of town, I will not be available by email until after I return, so anything that is more of a long term concern, I will address when I return. If there are special pieces of information that will be important to your child's day, please feel free to write in your child's communication journal, as my substitute and instructional assistants will be checking the journals. In case of any emergency, please call the school, and the secretaries will be able to help you.

I'm looking forward to coming back the week of the 20th for learning, a fun field trip and the opportunity to meet with each of you at parent/teacher conferences!

No comments:

Post a Comment